» Yorkshire 4x4 Response (YR4x4R) Online Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct has been developed by Yorkshire 4x4 Response to ensure that all its members act responsibly and project a professional and expert image when conducting themselves in an online environment. This includes conduct both on the YR4x4R website and on third party websites, including social media.
All members agree to and will abide by the following:
- Know and follow the YR4x4R group rules, byelaws and the group code of conduct, as well as all other policies. These rules apply to both online and offline conduct.
- Members are personally responsible for the content they publish on-line, whether in a blog, social media site or any other form of user-generated media. Be mindful that what you publish will be public for a long time, potentially forever, protect your privacy and take care to understand third party website's terms of service.
- Identify yourself clearly and, when relevant, role at YR4x4R when you discuss YR4x4R-related matters, such as group activities. You must make it clear that you are speaking for yourself and not on behalf of YR4x4R.
- If you publish content online relevant to YR4x4R in your personal capacity use a disclaimer such as this: "The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent YR4x4R positions, strategies or opinions."
- Respect copyright, fair use and all applicable laws, bear in mind the site you are posting to may not be based in the UK, so you could be subject to both UK law and the law in another country.
- Don't provide YR4x4R or a user services's confidential or other proprietary information and never discuss YR4x4R internal-only discussions or other sensitive matters publicly.
- Don't cite or reference user services, partners or suppliers without their approval. When you do make a reference, link back to the source. Don't publish anything that might allow inferences to be drawn which could embarrass or damage a third party YR4x4R works/worked with.
- Respect your audience. Don't use ethnic slurs, personal insults, obscenity, or engage in any conduct that would not be acceptable in a normal workplace. You should also show proper consideration for others' privacy and for topics that may be considered objectionable or inflammatory.
- Be aware of your association with YR4x4R in online social networks. If you identify yourself as an responder, ensure your profile and related content is consistent with how you wish to present yourself with colleagues and user services.
- Don't pick fights, be the first to correct your own mistakes.
- Try to add value. Provide worthwhile information and perspective. YR4x4R is represented by its volunteers and what you publish may reflect on YR4x4R.
- Think before you write and read what you have written twice before you post an article to make sure it is what you mean to say.
- Don't use YR4x4R logos or trademarks unless approved to do so.
- Please note that while YR4x4R may have a presence in social media networks access to these are not limited to responders only. They do not provide secure communication facilities and should not be used to discuss internal-only YR4x4R matters, all the above guidelines should be followed when using these groups.
The following are the YR4x4R website rules, agreed to upon registration and applicable to all users of this website
Registration to this website is free, however you must abide by the rules and policies put in place by the Yorkshire 4x4 Response Group (YR4x4R). If you agree to the rules and policies, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the website index.
Although the group will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is not possible for us to review all content. All messages express the views of the author and don't necessarily represent YR4x4R positions, strategies or opinions. Neither the group nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any British laws and agree to and will abide by the YR4x4R online code of conduct detailed here.
The committee of YR4x4R reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread, post, event or suspend membership of the website for any reason.