Thread: Skytag Recovery
View Single Post
Old 30-11-2011   #3
Forum Handle: YR100
YR4x4R Website User

Vehicle: Landrover Discovery 2 TD5 ES.
Region: North Yorkshire
YR100 has a spectacular aura aboutYR100 has a spectacular aura aboutYR100 has a spectacular aura about
Wub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover 1963 View Post
Hmm beginning to wish I had taken advantage of the offer in LRO when they reviewed it earlier in the year, enter their code on skytag website and you could have bought it for £50..
Hmmmmmm

Good job other measures are in place
Thats when I took advantage of it Tim. I wonder if National Response could approach them and see if they would do a similiar offer for all the Area Response groups.
It really does work well, and I get a monthly update on the backup battery, signal, etc. by email.
After I initially fitted mine in, I left it to hardwire in due to time constraints and a month or so later, I went to a mates house to do it properly.
During the process, the unit went into backup power mode for a while. It was then put back onto 12v when the wiring was done.
As per the directions from Skytag, I left it a little while and had a cuppa, then rang them for a signal check. They gave me one, but queried the location they were picking up as it was not my home address. To test them I asked what the location was they were getting on the screen, to be told to within 10 metres the location of the motor. They even told me the amount of time the unit had been in backup mode.
That is what I call a good service. One other advantage I have found is that my insurance company has taken it into account.