Go Back   Yorkshire 4x4 Response > Public Pages > Guest Area

Guest Area Guest chat area for all members of website, please introduce yourself and ask any pre-membership questions here! (Public)

» Website Tools
» External Links
Follow us on twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
» Group Information
We are in the process of moving to a new website. This site is maintained for historical purposes.
Please check out our new website here www.yr4x4r.com

New Registrations are disabled here

If you are interested in signing up to the group, please go here here

Verify Yorkshire 4x4 Response Membership (Public)
Use this search to check an individual is a responder and covered by insurance held by YR4x4R

Responder Name:

Old 06-06-2008   #131
Forum Handle: YR030
YR4x4R Website User

Vehicle: Nissan Terrano
Region: East Riding of Yorkshire
YR030 is a splendid one to beholdYR030 is a splendid one to beholdYR030 is a splendid one to beholdYR030 is a splendid one to beholdYR030 is a splendid one to beholdYR030 is a splendid one to beholdYR030 is a splendid one to beholdYR030 is a splendid one to beholdYR030 is a splendid one to beholdYR030 is a splendid one to beholdYR030 is a splendid one to behold
Two Irishmen walk into a pet shop in Dingle, they walk over to the bird section and Gerry says to Paddy, 'Dat's dem.'

The owner comes over and asks if he can help them.

'Yeah, we'll take four of dem dere little budgies in dat cage up dere,' says Gerry.

The owner puts the budgies in a cardboard box.

Paddy and Gerry pay for the birds, leave the shop and get into Gerry's truck to drive to the top of the Connor Pass.

At the Connor Pass, Gerry looks down at the 1000 foot drop and says, 'Dis looks like a grand place.'

He takes two birds out of the box, puts one on each shoulder and jumps off the cliff.

Paddy watches as the budgies fly off and Gerry falls all the way to the bottom, killing himself stone dead.

Looking down at the remains of his best pal, Paddy shakes his head and says, 'flibbleflibbleflibbleflibble dat. Dis budgie jumping is too flibbleflibbleflibbleflibble'n dangerous for me!'

THERE'S MORE...

Moment's later; Seamus arrives up at ConnorPass.

He's been to the pet shop too and walks up to the edge of the cliff carrying another cardboard box in one hand and a shotgun in the other.

'Hi, Paddy, watch dis,' Seamus says.

He takes a parrot from the box and lets him fly free.

He then throws himself over the edge of the cliff with the gun.

Paddy watches as half way down, Seamus takes the gun and shoots the parrot.

Seamus continues to plummet down and down until he hits the bottom and breaks every bone in his body.

Paddy shakes his head and says, 'And I'm never trying dat parrotshooting either!'

IT IS NOT OVER YET...

Paddy is just getting over the shock of losing two friends when Sean appears.

He's also been to the pet shop and is carrying a cardboard box out of which he pulls a chicken.

Sean then takes the chicken by its legs and hurls himself off the cliff and disappears down and down until he hits a rock and breaks his spine.

Once more Paddy shakes his head.

'flibbleflibbleflibbleflibble dat, lads. First dere was Gerry with his budgie jumping, den Seamus parrotshooting... And now Sean and his flibbleflibbleflibbleflibble'n hengliding!'
Old 13-06-2008   #132
Dave White
Forum Handle: Dave White YR009
Responder

Vehicle: Defender 110 Utility
Responder No: YR009
Call Sign: M0PLR
Dave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud of
Why Men Don't Write Advice Columns:

Dear Walter: I hope you can help me here. The other day I set off for work leaving my husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn't gone more than a mile down the road when my engine conked out and the car shuddered to a halt. I walked back home to get my husband's help.

When I got home I couldn't believe my eyes. He was in our bedroom with the neighbor lady. I am 32, my husband is 34, and we have been married for twelve years.

When I confronted him, he admitted that they had been having an affair for the past six months. I told him to stop or I would leave him. He was let go from his job six months ago, and he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and worthless. I love him very much, but ever since I gave him the ultimatum he has become increasingly distant. He won't go to counseling and I'm afraid I can't get through to him anymore. Can you please help?

Sincerely, Distraught in North Carolina

Dear Distraught: A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults with the engine. Start by checking that there is no debris in the fuel line. If it is clear, check the vacuum hoses on the intake manifold and also check all grounding wires. If none of these approaches solves the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the carburetor float chamber.

I hope this helps.

Walter
Dave White YR009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2008   #133
John Potts
Forum Handle: YR001

YR001 has a brilliant futureYR001 has a brilliant futureYR001 has a brilliant futureYR001 has a brilliant futureYR001 has a brilliant futureYR001 has a brilliant futureYR001 has a brilliant futureYR001 has a brilliant futureYR001 has a brilliant futureYR001 has a brilliant futureYR001 has a brilliant future
39 THINGS YOU SHOULD'VE LEARNT BY NOW

1. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a
laxative on the same night.

2. Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

3. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore than
standing in a garage makes you a car.

4. Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

5. If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.

6. My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance.

7. Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

8. It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.

9. For every action, there is an equal and opposite government program.

10. If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.

11. Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of cheques.

12. A conscience is what hurts when all of your other parts feel so good.

13. Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

14. Men are from earth, Women are from earth.... Deal with it.

15. No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes.

16. A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand.

17. Middle age is when broadness of t he mind
and narrowness of the waist change places.

18. Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.

19. Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three
weeks before you need it.

20. There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.

21. Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognise a
mistake when you make it again.

22. By the time you can make ends meet, they move the ends.

23. Thou shalt not weigh more than thy fridge.

24. Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.

25. It's not the jeans that make your bum look fat.

26. If you had to identify, in 1 word, the reason why the human race
has not achieved, & never will achieve, its full potential, that
word would be 'meetings'.

27. There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'.

28. People who want to share their religious views with you almost
never want you to share yours with them.

29. You should not confuse your career with your life.

30. Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.

31. Never lick a steak knife.

32. The most destructive force in the universe is gossip.

33. You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and
compelling reason why we put the clocks back.

34. You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely
suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an
actual baby emerging from her at that moment.

35. There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people
to make a big deal about your birthday.. That time is age eleven.

36. The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age,
gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep
down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers..

37. A person, who is nice to you, but rud e to the waiter, is not a nice person.

38. Your friends love you anyway.

39. Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone
amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
YR001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008   #134
John Potts

YR001 has a brilliant futureYR001 has a brilliant futureYR001 has a brilliant futureYR001 has a brilliant futureYR001 has a brilliant futureYR001 has a brilliant futureYR001 has a brilliant futureYR001 has a brilliant futureYR001 has a brilliant futureYR001 has a brilliant futureYR001 has a brilliant future
HEALTH QUESTION & ANSWER SESSION

Q: I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life; is this True?
A: Your heart is only good for so many beats, and that's it... Don't Waste them on exercise. Everything wears out eventually. Speeding up Your Heart will not make you live longer; that's like saying you can extend The Life of your car by driving it faster. Want to live longer? Take a nap.

Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?
A: You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does a cow eat? Hay and Corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So a steak is nothing more than An Efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system.
Need Grain? Eat Chicken. Beef is also a good source of field grass (green leafy Vegetable).
And a pork chop can give you 100% of your recommended daily allowance Of Vegetable products.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
A: No, not at all. Wine is made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine, That Means they take the water out of the fruity bit so you get even more of The Goodness that way. Beer is also made out of grain. Bottoms up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
A: Well, if you have a body and you have fat, your ratio is one to One. If You have two bodies, your ratio is two to one, etc.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular Exercise Program?
A: Can't think of a single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No Pain...Good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
A: YOU'RE NOT LISTENING!!! ... Foods are fried these days in Vegetable Oil. In fact, they're permeated in it. How could getting more Vegetables be Bad for you?

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
A: Are you crazy? HELLO . Cocoa beans! Another vegetable!!! It's the Best Feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
A: If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me.
Old 17-06-2008   #135
Forum Handle: YR041
YR4x4R Website User

Region: West Yorkshire
YR041 has a reputation beyond reputeYR041 has a reputation beyond reputeYR041 has a reputation beyond reputeYR041 has a reputation beyond reputeYR041 has a reputation beyond reputeYR041 has a reputation beyond reputeYR041 has a reputation beyond reputeYR041 has a reputation beyond reputeYR041 has a reputation beyond reputeYR041 has a reputation beyond reputeYR041 has a reputation beyond repute
> I think this is very unfair to our hard pressed guardians of the
> British way of life!?
>
> http://seorant.ath.cx/police/ladybird.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 17-06-2008   #136
Joseph McBride (YR045)
Forum Handle: joseph
4x4 Response Network

Vehicle: Discovery 1 200tdi 3door
Call Sign: 2E0BVE
Region: Not in Yorks/Lincs
joseph has a spectacular aura aboutjoseph has a spectacular aura aboutjoseph has a spectacular aura aboutjoseph has a spectacular aura aboutjoseph has a spectacular aura aboutjoseph has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Woodworth View Post
> I think this is very unfair to our hard pressed guardians of the
> British way of life!?
>
> http://seorant.ath.cx/police/ladybird.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Downloaded this about 6 months ago. It's great isn't it.
joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008   #137
John Potts

The Snotty Receptionist

An older gentleman had an appointment to see the urologist who shared

an office with several other doctors. The waiting room was filled with

patients.

As he approached the receptionist desk, he noticed that the

receptionist was a large unfriendly woman who looked like a Sumo

wrestler.

He gave her his name.

In a very loud voice, the receptionist said, "YES, I HAVE YOUR NAME

HERE; YOU WANT TO SEE THE DOCTOR ABOUT IMPOTENCE, RIGHT?"

All the patients in the waiting room snapped their heads around to look

at the very embarrassed man.

He recovered quickly, and in an equally loud voice replied, "NO, I'VE

COME TO INQUIRE ABOUT A SEX CHANGE OPERATION, BUT I DON'T WANT THE SAME

DOCTOR THAT DID YOURS."

DON'T MESS WITH THE OLD FOLKS.............
Old 19-06-2008   #138
John Potts

I took my dad shopping the other day to buy some new shoes. We decided to grab a bite at the food court. I noticed he was watching a teenager sitting next to him. The teenager had spiked hair in all different colours: green, red, orange, and blue. My dad kept staring at him.

The teenager would look and find him staring every time. When the teenager had enough, he sarcastically asked, 'What's the matter old man, never done anything wild In your life?'

Knowing my Dad, I quickly swallowed my food so that I would not choke on his response; knowing he would have a good one.

And in classic style he did not bat an eye in his response.

'Got drunk once and shagged a peacock. I was just wondering if you were my son.'
Old 20-06-2008   #139
Neil Howson
Forum Handle: Neil Howson YR004
YR4x4R Control Team

Vehicle: Ford Focus
Responder No: YR004
Call Sign: M0ZNH
Neil Howson YR004 has much to be proud ofNeil Howson YR004 has much to be proud ofNeil Howson YR004 has much to be proud ofNeil Howson YR004 has much to be proud ofNeil Howson YR004 has much to be proud ofNeil Howson YR004 has much to be proud ofNeil Howson YR004 has much to be proud ofNeil Howson YR004 has much to be proud ofNeil Howson YR004 has much to be proud ofNeil Howson YR004 has much to be proud ofNeil Howson YR004 has much to be proud of
A guy is sitting in the bar in departures at a busy airport. A beautiful woman walks in and sits down at the table next to him. He decides because she's got a uniform on, she's probably an off-duty flight attendant. So he decides to have a go at picking her up by identifying the airline she flies for, thereby impressing her greatly.

He leans across to her and says the Delta Airlines motto 'We love to fly and it shows'.

The woman looks at him blankly. He sits back and thinks up another line.

He leans forward again and delivers the Air France motto 'Winning the hearts of the world'.

Again she just stares at him with a slightly puzzled look on her face.

Undeterred, he tries again, this time saying the Malaysian Airlines motto 'Going beyond expectations'.

The woman looks at him sternly and says 'What the **** do you want?'

'Ah!' he says, sitting back with a smile on his face. 'Ryanair'.
Neil Howson YR004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008   #140
Dave White
Forum Handle: Dave White YR009
Responder

Vehicle: Defender 110 Utility
Responder No: YR009
Call Sign: M0PLR
Dave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud of
*Cat Got Your Tongue?* Calling in sick to work makes me uncomfortable.
No matter how legitimate my illness, I always sense my boss thinks I am lying. On one occasion, I had a valid reason, but lied anyway because the truth was too humiliating.

I simply mentioned that I had sustained a head injury and I hoped I would feel up to coming in the next day. By then, I could think up a doozy to explain the bandage on my crown.

The accident occurred mainly because I conceded to my wife's wishes to adopt a cute little kitty. Initially the new acquisition was no problem, but one morning I was taking my shower after breakfast when I heard my wife, Deb, call out to me from the kitchen.

"Ed! the garbage disposal is dead. Come reset it."

You know where the button is," I protested through the shower (pitter-patter). "Reset it yourself!"

"I am scared!" She pleaded. "What if it starts going and sucks me in?"
(Pause) "C'mon, it'll only take a second."

So out I came, dripping wet and buck naked, hoping to make a statement about how her cowardly behavior was, but not without consequence.

I crouched down and stuck my head under the sink to find the button. It is the last action I remember performing. It struck without warning, without respect to my circumstances.

Nay, it wasn't a hexed disposal drawing me into its gnashing metal teeth. It was our new kitty, clawing playfully at the dangling objects she spied between my legs. She had been poised around the corner and stalked me as I took the bait under the sink.

At precisely the second I was most vulnerable, she leapt at the toys I unwittingly offered and snagged them with her needle-like claws.

Now when men feel pain or even sense danger anywhere close to their masculine region, they lose all rational thought to control orderly bodily movements. Instinctively, their nerves compel the body to contort inwardly, while rising upwardly at a violent rate of speed.

Not even a well trained monk could calmly stand with his groin supporting the full weight of a kitten and rectify the situation in a step-by-step manner.

Wild animals are sometimes faced with a "fight or flight" syndrome. Men, in this predicament, choose only the "flight" option.

Fleeing straight up, I knew at that moment how a cat feels when it is alarmed. It was a dismal irony. But, whereas cats seek great heights to escape, I never made it that far. The sink and cabinet bluntly impeded my ascent; the impact knocked me out cold.

When I awoke, my wife and the paramedics stood over me. Having been fully briefed by my wife, the paramedics snorted as they tried to conduct their work while suppressing their hysterical laughter.

At the office, colleagues tried to coax an explanation out of me. I kept silent, claiming it was too painful to talk.

"What's the matter, cat got your tongue?"

If they had only known!!
Dave White YR009 is offline   Reply With Quote