Go Back   Yorkshire 4x4 Response > Public Pages > Guest Area

Guest Area Guest chat area for all members of website, please introduce yourself and ask any pre-membership questions here! (Public)

» Website Tools
» External Links
Follow us on twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
» Group Information
We are in the process of moving to a new website. This site is maintained for historical purposes.
Please check out our new website here www.yr4x4r.com

New Registrations are disabled here

If you are interested in signing up to the group, please go here here

Verify Yorkshire 4x4 Response Membership (Public)
Use this search to check an individual is a responder and covered by insurance held by YR4x4R

Responder Name:

Old 09-01-2008   #51
Forum Handle: YR030
YR4x4R Website User

Vehicle: Nissan Terrano
Region: East Riding of Yorkshire
YR030 is a splendid one to beholdYR030 is a splendid one to beholdYR030 is a splendid one to beholdYR030 is a splendid one to beholdYR030 is a splendid one to beholdYR030 is a splendid one to beholdYR030 is a splendid one to beholdYR030 is a splendid one to beholdYR030 is a splendid one to beholdYR030 is a splendid one to beholdYR030 is a splendid one to behold
xmas present

My mate bought his wife a new car for xmas " i dont like it" she says i want something that goes 0 - 140 in 3 seconds

So he bought her some bathroom scales

Old 11-01-2008   #52
Dave White
Forum Handle: Dave White YR009
Responder

Vehicle: Defender 110 Utility
Responder No: YR009
Call Sign: M0PLR
Dave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud of
Vegetarian health food nuts are going to feel really silly one day lying there dying of nothing.
Dave White YR009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008   #53
Forum Handle: YR006
YR4x4R Website User

Vehicle: JEEP
Region: Lincolnshire
YR006 is a name known to allYR006 is a name known to allYR006 is a name known to allYR006 is a name known to allYR006 is a name known to allYR006 is a name known to allYR006 is a name known to allYR006 is a name known to allYR006 is a name known to allYR006 is a name known to allYR006 is a name known to all
Blonde joke

A blonde calls her boyfriend and says, 'Please come over here and help
me. I have a killer jigsaw puzzle, and I can't figure out how to get
Started.'

Her boyfriend asks, 'What is it supposed to be when it's finished?'

The blonde says, 'According to the picture on the box, it's a rooster.'

Her boyfriend decides to go over and help with the puzzle.

She lets him in and shows him where she has the puzzle spread all over
the table.

He studies the pieces for a moment, then looks at the box, then turns to
her and says,

'First of all, no matter what we do, we're not going to be able to
assemble these pieces into anything resembling a rooster.'

He takes her hand and says, 'Second, I want you to relax. Let's have a
nice cup of tea, and then ..' he said with a deep sigh, . .. . . . .... .

'Let's put all the Corn Flakes back in the box.'

Oh yes already been slapped for ti
Old 12-01-2008   #54
Daz Wilson
Forum Handle: YR015

YR015 is a splendid one to beholdYR015 is a splendid one to beholdYR015 is a splendid one to beholdYR015 is a splendid one to beholdYR015 is a splendid one to beholdYR015 is a splendid one to beholdYR015 is a splendid one to beholdYR015 is a splendid one to beholdYR015 is a splendid one to beholdYR015 is a splendid one to beholdYR015 is a splendid one to behold
good one mate
YR015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008   #55
John Potts
Forum Handle: YR001

YR001 has a brilliant futureYR001 has a brilliant futureYR001 has a brilliant futureYR001 has a brilliant futureYR001 has a brilliant futureYR001 has a brilliant futureYR001 has a brilliant futureYR001 has a brilliant futureYR001 has a brilliant futureYR001 has a brilliant futureYR001 has a brilliant future
Excellent

Although I heard another version where the target was that nancy David Beckham
YR001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008   #56
Dave White
Responder

Dave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud ofDave White YR009 has much to be proud of
London Times Obituary of the late C . Sense

'Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be

remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as: Knowing when to

come in out of the rain; why the early bird gets the worm; Life isn't always fair; and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job

that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an Elastoplast to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realise that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; along with his daughter and son, Responsibility and Reason. He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, I Want It

Now, Someone Else Is To Blame, and I'm A Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realised he was gone. If you

still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.
Old 24-01-2008   #57
YR4x4R Website User

YR030 is a splendid one to beholdYR030 is a splendid one to beholdYR030 is a splendid one to beholdYR030 is a splendid one to beholdYR030 is a splendid one to beholdYR030 is a splendid one to beholdYR030 is a splendid one to beholdYR030 is a splendid one to beholdYR030 is a splendid one to beholdYR030 is a splendid one to beholdYR030 is a splendid one to behold
Granny Vs Mercedes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bNYeJ-EDkc

Old 25-01-2008   #58
Dave White
Responder

Bill went to his doctor to discuss his bowel movements. He explained the problem to the Doc "Every morning, regular as clockwork, I have a crap at 07:30." The doctor says that is great, many people are much less regular, you much have a good diet and I wouldn't worry about it. "But'', says Bill, "I don't get up until 08:00!''
Old 25-01-2008   #59
Dave White
Responder

This is from a freind on another mailing list real life :-) (I think)

On Tuesday, we went to Flamingoland and, apart from one ride, had quite an easy time of it with the queues. The one ride that had a long wait was the Log Flume - perhaps it's because there were only two "boats" working. Sam was insistent that he wanted to go on despite the one-hour wait. Debbie queued with him, and fed him copious amounts of juice ("Fruit Shoot" - it comes in opaque bottles with those sucky-type drink spouts) to keep him cool in the obscene heat, and even took to pouring her mineral water over his feet and neck to keep him cool.
They were almost at the front of the queue and the inevitable happened: "I need the toilet." There was nowhere to go - at least not without wasting the time they'd already spent waiting, so Debbie told him to pee in one of the empty juice bottle.

When they got to the boat, they had to leave their belongings on a table while they were on the ride.

The moral?
Don't steal "Fruit Shoot" from someone who's left it on a table while they are on a fairground ride.

The thing that amuses me is that somewhere in the northeast of England there's someone telling their version of the same story with the moral "Don't buy Fruit Shoot - it tastes like p*ss".
Old 29-01-2008   #60
YR4x4R Website User

plane Conversation

Guy gets on a plane and finds himself seated next to a cute blonde. He
immediately turns to her and makes his move. "You know," he says, "I've
heard that flights will go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your
fellow passenger. So let's talk."

The blonde, who had just opened her book, closes it slowly and says to the
guy, "What would you like to discuss?"

"Oh, I don't know," says the guy. "How about nuclear power?"

"OK," says the blonde. "That could be an interesting topic. But let me ask
you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff --
grass.

Yet the deer excretes little pellets, the cow turns out a flat patty, and