Go Back   Yorkshire 4x4 Response > Public Pages > Guest Area

Guest Area Guest chat area for all members of website, please introduce yourself and ask any pre-membership questions here! (Public)

» Website Tools
» External Links
Follow us on twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
» Group Information
We are in the process of moving to a new website. This site is maintained for historical purposes.
Please check out our new website here www.yr4x4r.com

New Registrations are disabled here

If you are interested in signing up to the group, please go here here

Verify Yorkshire 4x4 Response Membership (Public)
Use this search to check an individual is a responder and covered by insurance held by YR4x4R

Responder Name:

Old 29-11-2011   #1
Forum Handle: YR100
YR4x4R Website User

Vehicle: Landrover Discovery 2 TD5 ES.
Region: North Yorkshire
YR100 has a spectacular aura aboutYR100 has a spectacular aura aboutYR100 has a spectacular aura about
Skytag Recovery

I use this system, and it works very well. Please read the following item..

Skytag and South Yorkshire Police set new record‏

South Yorkshire police help set new uk speed record for stolen vehicle recovery!!

Press release

For release 29/11/11 12.00 GMT

Skytag today announce that their 12 minute stolen vehicle recovery record which has stood since September 2009 has been beaten! By Skytag themselves!!

At 23.19 on 28th November 2011 the Skytag team received a call from a South Yorkshire Land Rover owner to report his vehicle had been stolen. Just 11 minutes later at 23.30 Skytag were able to report back to the client that South Yorkshire police had been directed straight to the vehicle which had made its way into nearby countryside. Guy Topsom, Managing director at Skytag said ‘The vehicle owner could hardly believe it was all over so quickly, it is quite astonishing when you think about it. We were able to start tracking the vehicle as soon as the client called us, our systems are always on 24/7 365 days a year, so there’s no delay, the second we received the call we had the vehicle in sight on our screens, all that remains then is to direct the police in to secure the vehicle.

Once again we’re incredibly thankful to South Yorkshire Police for their speed of response; it is only with their efforts that this record has been achieved. Having been directed to the vehicle, officers called in the South Yorkshire police helicopter and dog handlers who were able to track and arrest two suspects who had left the scene on foot into the surrounding countryside. At the moment we understand the suspects are still in Police custody and forensic work is being carried out on the vehicle. We understand that the method of theft was forced entry.

Naturally the Skytag customer is ecstatic at the result. The Skytag-gps.co.uk tracker was purchased for him as a gift by his father, who having heard about the incredibly high level of Land Rover thefts in the Sheffield / Rotherham area thought it would make an ideal gift for his son to help him protect his £10,000 vehicle, especially as he had a vehicle stolen in the past.

Key Points:
* Recovered in 11 mins from initial call to the police.
* Immediate Police response
* Dogs and Helicopter used
* 2 Suspects in custody
* Investigation ongoing
* New recovery record

Skytag www.skytag-gps.co.uk provide a wide range of vehicle tracking solutions for both private and commercial applications. Offering excellent value for money, monthly testing and a unique 100% money back guarantee.

Skytag also include peace of mind as standard.

#########
For more information, press only:

Marcus Villa-Buil, 0845 388 6092, marcus@skytag-gps.co.uk

For more information on Skytag: <http://skytag-gps.co.uk/>

http://skytag-gps.co.uk

Skytag Ltd
Kent Innovation Centre
Thanet Reach Busines park
Broadstairs
Kent
CT10 2QQ

08453 88 60 62

Skytag www.skytag-gps.co.uk provide a wide range of vehicle tracking solutions for both private and commercial applications. Offering excellent value for money, monthly testing and a unique 100% money back guarantee.
Skytag also include peace of mind as standard.

Last edited by Simon Bentley YR005; 29-11-2011 at 07:51 PM.
YR100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011   #2
Forum Handle: YR061
YR4x4R Website User

Vehicle: Landrover Discovery 2 TD5 Auto
Region: East Riding of Yorkshire
YR061 has much to be proud ofYR061 has much to be proud ofYR061 has much to be proud ofYR061 has much to be proud ofYR061 has much to be proud ofYR061 has much to be proud ofYR061 has much to be proud ofYR061 has much to be proud ofYR061 has much to be proud ofYR061 has much to be proud ofYR061 has much to be proud of
Smile

Hmm beginning to wish I had taken advantage of the offer in LRO when they reviewed it earlier in the year, enter their code on skytag website and you could have bought it for £50..
Hmmmmmm

Good job other measures are in place
Old 30-11-2011   #3
Forum Handle: YR100
YR4x4R Website User

Vehicle: Landrover Discovery 2 TD5 ES.
Region: North Yorkshire
YR100 has a spectacular aura aboutYR100 has a spectacular aura aboutYR100 has a spectacular aura about
Wub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover 1963 View Post
Hmm beginning to wish I had taken advantage of the offer in LRO when they reviewed it earlier in the year, enter their code on skytag website and you could have bought it for £50..
Hmmmmmm

Good job other measures are in place
Thats when I took advantage of it Tim. I wonder if National Response could approach them and see if they would do a similiar offer for all the Area Response groups.
It really does work well, and I get a monthly update on the backup battery, signal, etc. by email.
After I initially fitted mine in, I left it to hardwire in due to time constraints and a month or so later, I went to a mates house to do it properly.
During the process, the unit went into backup power mode for a while. It was then put back onto 12v when the wiring was done.
As per the directions from Skytag, I left it a little while and had a cuppa, then rang them for a signal check. They gave me one, but queried the location they were picking up as it was not my home address. To test them I asked what the location was they were getting on the screen, to be told to within 10 metres the location of the motor. They even told me the amount of time the unit had been in backup mode.
That is what I call a good service. One other advantage I have found is that my insurance company has taken it into account.